Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Special Dossier: DEATH - Contributions XVII


With a real pleasure I’m posting katzengruber’s picture as well his comments. I’m delighted with so many contributions. Wonderful work mate!
You can see some more of his work on:
www.flickr.com/people/katzengruber

Thanks to katzengruber from France

I found your blog recently, and your idea to present a variety of artistic approaches to the subject "death", is fascinating! It’s true that death today is on one hand a "circumstance" which is rejected from society, on the other hand looking into art and it's history, it's a theme which is always there, often represented in so many ways...as a person who works in an artistic environment, I can't deny it's "power", fascination but also all controversies about!
I'd like to contribute with a photo, which I shot recently, when I revisited my old hometown, Vienna. It’s called "the undeniable beauty of death", shows a skull (the photo is a little bit modified), and is originally taken in the "kapuziner gruft", the historical death memorial of the Hapsburg family, in Vienna’s first district. It’s a crazy place, where death is represented in a fascinating, mythical, magical and morbid way, in my eyes very typical for Viennese atmosphere!!! I would be pleased if you like to publish my photo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home